Friday, June 3, 2011

Inconsistencies

Cats are like people, no two are truly alike, even within a close family.

My two kitties are brother and sister, and two more different kitties, one never did meet.  Princess Sophie, well, she's a princess.  Soft as a bunny with gorgeous jet black fur and golden eyes, she is just as prissy as they come.  She even sits like a lady.  Tigrikiisu, on the other hand, is as rough and tumble as one can get.  He does parkour in my bedroom each morning at 06:00 running along the walls like the room is one giant hamster ball and he might finally get it to move down the street if only he could run fast enough.

I figured Sophie with her delicate manners would take to this like a champ.

I was wrong.

When they both started using the litter pan with such great success, I decided to try going to the second phase; the insert has a pretty sizable hole in the center, and a ring of litter around the outside.  Ideally, the kitty scratches a bit and eventually learns to go through the hole.  Then you move on to the next phase: bigger hole, even less litter, until they just balance on the seat.  Sounds logical, right?  Humph.  Cats are not logical.

So, when I went to the next phase I was shocked when I came home after a long day of work to find that my bed had been *peed* and *pooped* in.  Seriously.  Yes.  One or both of my adorable, lovable kitties had defiled my sleeping place.  Worse yet, it was after eleven, and I had another fourteen hour day the following day, and had to now strip, wash, and remake the bed before sleeping.

Sigh.

Why was this so hard?

The next day was the same.

Ugh.

It's soooo late!  I slept on the stripped bed with a towel, finally at about 02:00.  I couldn't wait for the laundry to finish: too exhausted.

What a miserable night.

I can't do this.

I regressed, went back to the phase one kitty pan and held my breath.

When I got home: clean bed, and stuff to scoop and flush where it belonged.

OK, so maybe they're too young.  The pamphlet said I should start this process when they are about eight months old, and they were barely four months old.

So, I'll give them a little time.

1 comment:

  1. You are a better person than I. I say kitty pan is fine enough. I have a hard enough time aiming for the toilet myself.

    ReplyDelete